Welcome To Thrive Hearing Solutions
Born and raised in Saskatoon, Dr. Sharpe completed university in the United States, where she worked for several years. Eight years ago, she returned home to her community to work for the Saskatoon Hearing Aid Plan and now for Thrive Hearing Solutions.
“The most important part of getting the best hearing device for a patient is first knowing the patient and what their needs are. That’s why we recommend bringing a significant other or ‘communication partner’ to your appointments. With new technology coming out every day, it is crucial to keep up on the benefits of each new device to make the right recommendations and provide individualized service for each client.”
- Educational seminars to the general public
- Presentations upon request to clubs and organizations
- Doctor of Audiology Salus University; Elkins Park, PA
- Master of Science University of Wyoming; Laramie, WY
- Bachelor of Science Minot State University; Minot ND
- Certifications: American Speech-Language- Hearing Association Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology (CCC-A), Registered Audiologist, Saskatchewan #1376, SASLPA Legislation and Bylaws
- Committee, MED EL North American Audiology Advisory Board
- Board member of Saskatchewan Human Rights Committee (SHRC) for Deaf/Deaf & Hard of Hearing Individuals
- Registered Provider: DVA, WCB, SHP
Keeping Patients Informed
I think it’s important to provide the most current information about hearing solutions for my patients. I complete many hours of professional development each year and considerably more than the minimum requirement. The field of hearing health care is always rapidly changing and I feel it’s important to keep up to date so that I can provide the highest level of care.
Helping the Community of Saskatoon
Education, experience and professional memberships are important, but none of these are as crucial to me as helping each individual. With a family member who has a hearing loss, I understand how difficult it can be to hear, be heard and communicate. That’s exactly why I decided to help people hear well again.